Saturday, June 10, 2006

I am proud of myself today

Before the surgery, I never walked. Today Gary and I took a quick walk while Gunner napped (Vicky was here watching him). Then we went to Walmart this afternoon to get a new tire. We had about an hour to kill. We walked all over that store. I didn't break a sweat. I was getting a bit tired but I think that was more because I hadn't eaten in a bit. I was sitting at my desk and was getting pictures ready to mail to family members. I put them aside to be mailed at a later time. Then I thought, "heck just mail them now." I went and asked Gary if he'd watch me walk to the mailbox. It's about a tenth of a mile from the front door to the box. It was my first venture out all by myself. I walked there and back in under five minutes. I was winded only because my house is on a steep hill and I purposely walked up the steepest part to get some extra oomph in my walk. I can't wait to do more and more walking.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Keep up the good work. Wasn't it nice to have a walk with just Gary. Sometimes it's the little things in life that matter most.

Deana said...

You are going to be so excited with all the new things you can do, I am so happy for all the fun experiences you have to look forward to.

More than a mom said...

I am so proud of you! You're doing a terriffic job! YAY!

Just Some Gal said...

OMG that is so awesome Lin!!!!! I am so proud of you and the new vigor for life.

God I just want to hug you!!

(((((((LIN)))))))

hyka's mess said...

I am SOOOOOOOO Proud of you!!!!!

TomatoQueenB said...

Now THAT is awesome news! Keep up the great work. I'm proud of you and your new lease on life!

Stacey said...

That's friggen awesome Lin. I think your in a great mindset! The portion thing is really a key, everything is so over sized, it's sad.